Google
  Web hozair.blogspot.com   

Monday, August 02, 2004

Klang Half Marathon

Last Sunday, I went for the Klang Half Marathon with a few of my friends. Supposed to start at 7am but the fucked up organizers started it after 7:30am. Everyone was kinda pissed at that moment. They even had the time to "brief" us on how many people can win the medal. Only the first 300 lucky SOB can get the medals and must reach before the 1 hour mark. Me and my bud, Gema started to shout at the organizers with out sarcastic comments.

  • Woi! Cepatlah. Aku tak habis undi untuk Malaysia Idol.
  • Cepatlah. Repeat Akademi Fantasia kul 11. Aku nak tengok siapa kena keluar.
  • Woi! Buat apa dengar hamper lebih-lebih. Jual ka? Jual ka? Corrupt! Corrupt!
  • Cepatlah. aku nak berak.
  • Cepatlah. Aku datang dari Perlis ni. Nanti penat aku nak drive balik.

When we were at the Adidas booth before the race began, they were promoting they marathon run called the "King of the Road". While we were looking at the brochures at the Adidas booth regarding the run, came this dude striking a conversation with us.
Dude: Abang nak join ke run ni
Us : Rasanya nak joinlah. Apasal?
Dude: Apa ni bang. Adidas run ni 80 minit.
Us : Apasal?
Dude: Nilah. Yang bagus dan famous 80 minit untuk qualify. Yang mengarut macam ni, 60 minit. Giler mengarut. Bukan terkenal pun organizer dia.
Us : Ya ke? Betul jugak. Tak pe. Nanti kita join yang Adidas run.
Dude: Ok, bang. Good luck.
Us : Ok, Good luck.


I even saw a few familiar faces at this run. Familiar? No, not those people that I know personally but people that I've seen in other marathons. They are in no order:

  • Cute, small Thai chick.
  • Cute, small Thai chick's father who also won the first place at the Ipoh Full Marathon.
  • Cute chinese chick who runs with no shoe.
  • A chick with an ass that you can flip a coin with.
  • Young indian kid who should be named after Forest Gump.

At the end of the run, it was damn hillarious. We were standing near the finishing line, talking about how "fantastic" we did. Then all of a sudden this dude come over to my friend Zoul.
Dude2: Hey, congradulations (while shaking hand)
Zoul : Hey, thanks man. Congrats too.
Dude2: Damn tiredlah. Luckily we made it in time.
Zoul : Yeah. I also feel damn tired.
Dude2: Oklah. I gotta go. See you.
Zoul : Yeah. See you.

When the dude left, we ask Zoul who was he? Was he his office mate or something. Zoul said no. Zoul actually wanted to say to the dude, "Who the fuck are you?". We were like, "What?". Cis we all though they knew each other. Must be a simple case of mistaken identity. But funny though.

End of the day, it was hell lots of fun. I thought that I could get my revenge with the Thai dude who got 1st in the Ipoh Marathon. I wanted to go to him and tell him in his face that I wanted to beat him at this run. Just because he got 1st and I got like the 3,000th place doesn't mean I can;t beat him. All I need is a bit more training.